WEST VIRGINIA CEMETERY ASSOCIATION MISSION STATEMENT
As a leading cemetery and funeral service organization in West Virginia, the WVCFA provides a voice for its members while dedicated to serving the public interest. The purposes of this Association are to promote the advancement of knowledge in development, operation and maintenance of cemeteries. To continuously improve the services we render while creating and maintaining high ethical and moral standards. Further, to represent Association members in matters of legislation and in any public or private hearings or controversies deemed necessary or in the best interest of our profession.
Schedule of Events for 2014 WVCFA Convention
Thursday, August 7, 2014
- Golf Outing sponsored by Matthews Intl, Mike Ash
- WVCFA Board Meeting
Indoor Sessions (Designed for Owners, Managers and Staff)
- Speaker: Nancy Lohman, Regional Director of StoneMor Partners L.P.
- Speaker: Chason Hecht, Founder and President of Retensa, LLC.
- Annual Members Meeting
**Outdoor Sessions (Designed for Maintenance and Shop Personnel)
- Lawn Care & Maintenance
- Small Engine Repair
- Bronze & Granite Cleaning and Repair
- Proper Mausoleum Casket Enclosure
- General Equipment Use and Safety
President’s Dinner & WVCFA Live Auction
Saturday, August 8, 2014 (Designed for Owners, Managers and Sales)
- Speaker: Nancy Lohman
- “How To Increase Your Bottom Line” (Learn how to utilize “in place” programs to 1) reach and exceed company and individual goals by increasing customer satisfaction of purchased products 2) become your community “go to” person for cemetery needs.) Vendors interact with attendees on bronze and granite “online design” programs to maximize potential of each sale.
Saturday Evening: Fun with “PJ” the DJ. Back by popular demand, this festive time is for young and old!
** Portions of this session are based on weather conditions being favorable.
The above is subject to change in content and times based on availability of presenters and their schedules.
WVCFA is now on Facebook!